Most homeowners don’t think about the components of a refrigerator unless it stops running, or before it is time to buy a new model. In order to get the most out of this kitchen appliance it can be nice to understand exactly how a refrigerator keeps your food cool—and Carrollton Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read below to learn what you should know about how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s the right time to call refrigerator repair Carollton.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not too many houses that don’t feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a must-own appliance for many years. A residential refrigerator stores your food at the best temperature, in order to prevent rotting and slow down the growth of harmful bacteria. The concept of refrigeration works by transferring the warmth from the inside of the unit to the exterior, by relying on the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The components of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Carrollton Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is a combination of a pump and a motor, and it’s responsible for circulation of refrigerant throughout the cooling system.
A compressor is a very important piece of a refrigerator. You should call a professional service if the compressor isn’t working.
A refrigerator condenser is attached on the back outside wall of the appliance and helps to emit the warmth absorbed inside the refrigerator then out into the surrounding air.
The evaporator is attached in the inside of the refrigerator where absorbs the warmth trapped within it, effectively reducing the interior temperature.
Once an evaporator is not working, it is time to enlist a professional. Do not wait until it is too late.
Liquid refrigerant is transferred within a capillary tube which acts as an expansion tool as it cools the gas, thereby turning the gas into liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat helps regulate the current temperature within the refrigerator, starting the cooling cycle as it is needed.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is often prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and call a technician in Carollton for repair right when a problem occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Right when the temperature within a refrigerator is above the set point sensors alert the compressor to engage, and the cool down begins. The appliance collects the cool liquid refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses the liquid, and raises the temperature, turning it into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor pushes the hot gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils located on the rear of the refrigerator, at which point it comes into contact with warmer air temperature in the room and returns to a liquified form.
3. The cool refrigerant continues its journey towards the evaporator component, traveling through the coils on the interior of the refrigerator and freezer.
4. The coolant then absorbs the hot air from the interior of the appliance, thereby reducing the temperature until it has reached the desired final point.
5. The coolant then will evaporate, and turns back to a gas form, and returns to the refrigerator compressor unit in order to then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration technology is used in quite a few applications and large appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and freezers. By removing heat from a single area and then distributing it to a different one the continuous cycle of refrigeration will help cooling a house, creates a perfect space for perishable food, and helps with manufacturing and storage of several different products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need repair? Time to schedule repair with Carrollton Appliance Repair.
Carrollton Appliance Repair will service all standard brands and models of refrigerators – that includes commercial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our experienced service technicians in Carollton are trained to troubleshoot and repair cooling problems, ice makers, issues with condensation, puddles of water and leaks, lighting, digital panels, smart controls and various issues. We everything about refrigerator repair! Schedule now!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2024  Carrollton Appliance Repair